Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fototime.com/066A93D9BA7352C/standard.jpg

I have this cardboard wiper arm guard that is supposed to mount somewhere in the upper left under the dash.

First of all is this the correct mounting position? I've found the top left screw, but can't seemm to locate the lower right mounting point.

Can anyone help me out?

G

·
Also, on the top left, the cardboard goes in front of the metal and is attached with a flat washer head phillips screw.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the original screw for the top left. It does line up with a stud on the fresh air box. The stud is a 1/4-20 but the guard has a sheet metal nut(tinerman), I'll assume that lower tinerman is incorrect. Just mount it with a standard nut to the stud?

G

·
It wasn't a tinnerman, but one of the sheet metal nuts like used to secure the fresh air box under the dash. If I recall correctly, the cardboard protector attaches to one of the same studs for the vent assy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts