Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headlights are duller that my last girlfriend. Need something really bright so I can see my new girlfriend. Where can I buy the Xeon headlights for the 68 stanger............ ::

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
anywhere that sells auto parts. basicallu you need a 7" headlamp but i bet youre looking for a part number? i got some badass xenon headlights from www.mustangdepot.com and i hear someone on eblah sells some for cheap too. here's a pic of mine before and after, guess which one is which.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/213000-213999/213657_110_full.jpg

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Have you checked your battery voltage while it's running? My 70 has nice bright headlights even with conventional bulbs.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Are those really Xenon lights??

In Europe, I understand that Xenon lights are only allowed when they have an automatic adjustment system so they never blind someone, they are also required to have washers on them to keep them clean.

If these two conditions aren't met, xenon lights are not allowed to be on a car... My 66 was off course not equipped with either of these systems so it would have been illegal to fit them...

Are your lights not really xenon or are the rules in america different...?

Just for some extra info...

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
IN the states they sell "Xenon Bulbs" its not really a xenon light system since those are sealed high discharge lights with a special gas in the lense (or something like that) when we are talking xenon lights in the classic stang its a basic upgrade (which I did) that replaced the old 7 inch sealed beam for a glass or lexon housing with either a straight up halogen bulb or a halegon 'xenon' bulb. They are certainly brighter than the old headlights, but not a truly xenon light.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Try www.vamustang.com .

Fifty bucks, no relays required. They look good and light up the road very well. I recomend converting to a higher-amp alternator and an electronic voltage regulator to assist the improved lights by supplying a steady, reliable source of power.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Just to help answer your question a little, SWMBO's Mark 8 came with xenon HID in it, no auto adjust and no washer. Must be the rules are different here in the states.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
www.vamustang.com has them also.

search for "partsexpress", you may want to consider a relay upgrade. not totally necessary, but every little bit helps.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Be nice if napaman would throw out a price for those lights. would rather get them from a VMFer then a store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts