Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 18 year old daughter came home with a new boy friend last night. And what is he driving? A like new Mercury Monarch! This thing is clean! Almost showroom!

What does a Granada/Monarch mean to folks on this board? Brakes! Good brakes! Good disk brakes! Maybe even good power disk brakes!

So I had a nice long pleasant chat with him. I asked him how his brakes were. He told me they were just redone. New rotors, brake pads, calipers, bearings and yes even new hoses!

So I told my daughter to keep him occupied while I went and took his brakes. He was so well behaved. Nice kid. Very quiet!

Now listen to this! I found out this morning he thought I was going to have him killed for going out with my daughter! He thought I was going to cut his brake lines!

We explained to him that the brakes would fit very nicely on one of our classic Mustangs. He is still not completely sure about me. But that's OK. It will keep him honest.

It is good being a Dad in Chicago!

Gene J

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584519&a=12110688&p=43875040&Sequence=1&res=high.jpg
66 Coupe/66 Convert/84 GT Turbo/96 coupe

Gene's cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
fear in your daughters boyfriends heart doesnt sound like that bad of a thing It is good to keep them on their toes

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Did you show him your gun collection? Might gain you even more respect out of the poor guy!

DanM
66 Coupe, check her out at http://www.66CoupeNW.stangnet.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
HeHe, great story. I can relate ... my daughter got a call from a guy 2 days ago that she met at a stop light. Talk about "freaking out parents"! I'm still not sure how she has enough time to carry on a full conversation including giving out her phone number at just a stop light ... guess that's the hazards of a 17-year old blonde daughter driving a hopped up '69 coupe *LOL*.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro
http://www.classic-mustang.net/john66/mustang/pics/66fsides2.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
hi i had to quit letting our daughter drive my 68 coupe.
because she would idle in park, for about i hour wasting gas.
later

douglas rhine of nebraska
the man with the sad dog face

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I have two young daughters, and I am practicing my boyfriend speech. It was passed down to me from my father-in-law when I started dating his daughter. And I remember it was pretty scary then.

Fear is the ONLY thing that kids understand.

/forums/images/icons/blush.gifClick here to see free live bare topless Coppertonecam images./forums/images/icons/blush.gif
/forums/images/icons/smile.gifMy new 64 1/2 vert/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
900 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't appear to approve of him too obviously. Overt parental approval can result in a loss of interest by your daughter. Ask him if he's seen the Godfather, LOL.

EdK (Ed Kennedy on old forum)
'66 Coupe, '94 GT Convertible, 2000 Explorer XLT

·
4,129 Posts
In about 8 years when my daughter wants to go on a date she will have to take one thing with her. One of our German Shepherds. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif We have 6 right now, and except for the year old black puppy, they are all highly trained sport dogs.

1967 GT coupe been in my garage since 1974
1993 Ranger ExtCab 4.0L daily driver
1996 Aerostar wifes ride
Those that know it all are willing to learn something new, those that think that they know it all don't know anything.

·
Registered
356 Posts
hey guys, this reminds me why young guys like me hated meeting the Dad. I still get nervous and by the way, the gun collection routine... does work! LOL

G

·
0 Posts
Kill the boy!! Kill the boy!!! Or maybe send him out in one of your other cars and trade brake systems with him. Disk when he arrived, drums when he leaves...

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts