Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to post this for you all to celebrate with me. My dad had mentioned awhile ago that he was thinking about selling his '71 vert that he bought several years ago since he lives on a gravel road and it's too much trouble to drive and keep clean. I told him I'd be interesed (since I knew he only paid 2500 bucks for it) and I was hoping to get it for 4 or 5000. It's easily worth 7-10,000, they got a deal on it from a body shop when the customer couldn't pay the bill. They just wanted to get out of it what they had into it. It's got fresh paint, new top, dual exh., tires and a nice interior. It has a 351W and 3-speed manual. Basically it's ready to drive, no work required. Last night dad said he'd sell it to me for 3 or 4000 but that I'd have to split the profit if I ever decided to sell it...DEAL!!! Only prob. is that it was clipped with the front off a '73 (which is why it's only worth 7-10K, otherwise it's a 14k car easily). I am way excited to add a second Mustang to my stable, and will be able to join all you big Mustang guys with your discussions. This should get me by as I recreate the '65 into the monster I have envisioned in my mind. Woo hoo! :: :: ::

·
Registered
81 Posts
Big and Beautiful I say. I was just finishing up on a new coat of wax on my 73.---Big, Large panels. Congrats.
Rob :D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Brian,

Congratulations! When are we going crusin'? I'll drink, you drive! LOL!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is in MN, I am in OR and will return to home in IL next week. I'll get the pics when I have a chance to see the car. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brad, it's on when I get it down to IL! We'll finally have a Mustang to cruise in. ::

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm...Hadn't thought about the detailing aspect. Oh well, can't be any worse than SWMBO's Mark or my truck. :p

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
you need to stop by my house. Not old enough to drink, but old enough to drive(with an adult :()

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
welcome to the club. we need pics as soon as possible.once you've owned a BIG stang you'll never go back. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Buy it and sell it!!! :: :: :: Then put all of the money into the '65 (the cool car!) :p ;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah, we'll have to take it out and scare some ricers...might have to do something about the 2V carb first. ::

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah Damon, I think THIS one I'll let others drive. Not the case with the '65. I wouldn't let you mind taking it out so you can have some fun in something besides the Firebird (think that's what you said it was anyway). ::

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buy it and sell it!!! Then put all of the money into the '65 (the cool car!)
LOL, But then I STILL wouldn't have a Mustang to drive while I restore the '65!!! :: And I HAVE to have a Mustang to drive, it's making me crazy!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
understandable. That's definatley be nice(although the camaro is very powerful, i've nearly lost it a few times)

Your 65 is really nice. Once i get my 66 done, maybe I'll see you around. Cause i'ma go on a nice tri-state tour when it's done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts