Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the fun begins - trying to put the thing back together. Since it's been gone for MONTHS I'm sure I'll have forgotten a ton. Not to worry - I'll be here posting away starting tomorrow no doubt.

Since I delivered it stripped down (all chrome / emblems / interior stripped), they said they'd give it back to me w/out the buff/polish whatever. I'll put everything back (and most certainly create a few nicks and scratches doing so), and then bring it back to them for the touch-up and polish....sound good?

In terms of the order to put it back together - does it really matter? I probably want to start w/ the exterior (since I'm going to bring it to somebody for the interior/top) and work my way in...I'm assuming it makes no difference, but thought I'd mention it.

Any suggestions for putting it back together? Tips and tricks to avoid problems/scratches.

TIA,

Derek

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Plan on staying the paint shop for at least 20 minutes of checking their work. I had mine painted last October and was so excited that I was finally able to have it back, that I didn't look the work over too well. I had to take it back twice for their mistakes (too much orange peel and paint drips). Look at the front and rear valances, along the drip rails, and along the bottom of the car. Most of the attention is to the top and sometimes these areas get less work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts