Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my work buddy has come through for the 3rd year in a row. He just delivered my tickets to the NASCAR road race at Sears Point.

This is the 3rd year in a row that we've gotten a VIP treatment from M&M Racing. They feed us breakfast at their tent, give us free beer, give us goody bags full of cool stuff, have a Q&A and photo session with Ken Schrader, more free beer, a tour of the garage and pit area, more free beer, then grand stand seats.

I'm a little bummed that we couldn't get pit passes this year (I watched most of last years race from pit row and the M&M Racing pit area until they threw us out because my buddy almost got hit by the pace car *LOL*). But at least this year we won't have to fight the traffic jam. We're being flown in via helicopter from the airport compliments of Pepsi Corp.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
John You lucky devil, don't drop anything out of helicopter when you fly over my place. I hoping to get out there for quailfing on Friday, got to work on the weekend, have a great time. You will really notice improvements to the track.

Have an extra beer on my behalf,LOL

Mark

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I'll be there on Friday for qualifying. My tickets were free too!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
OK. I'm jealous. Have a great time.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Man, that is great.
Kenny Schrader seems like a good guy.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
enjoy race - I'll be watching. I go every Sept to Dover but not in the manner you are being treated to. My tickets are up to $80 (4 th turn), have to drive from Baltimore (free lodging at son's house, park 2 miles from track and walk. do get out in a hurring though.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Aggggggg,

This is the first time in 4 years I won't be going to Sears Point. My buddy moved back from N. CA to Phoenix last summer so
we're stuck in the heat. Oh well, at least I got some great pictures from pit road at last year's race.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As a side note to this post, Tony Stewart will be at Altamont Raceway this Saturday night wheeling a USAC sprintcar. Scott

http://www.altamontraceway.com

K

·
0 Posts
Hey John are you sure you have the right day for the race?/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Maybe you could stay at a Reno hotel. I hear a VMFer has a room cheap,/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts