New driveshaft
New Radiator
New subframe bars
New T-boxes
New steering Wheel
New 4 wheel Disc brakes
All new steering
New steering box

Basically everything on the car is new, sans the busted arse motor. What would this be worth?

Car needs hoor painted and motor.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Are you giving up on this car?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
UH oh, throwing in the towel on double trouble ? say it aint so .bc, the only problem is with the engine itself not with the whole package ?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
its not worth selling BECAUSE... no matter how much you get out of it right now you would regret it the moment after it left your driveway. back off, do something else for a few days and then get back to it when things seem better. you already have offers for 2 blocks and I'm sure the problems can be corrected with a little patience and perserverence. chin up and beer down(the hatch). it may just be a 6 pack to some people but right now its GROUP THERAPY!!!!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
and who is the HOOR that comes with the car that needs painted ??? might be interested myself :D then again they always get me inta trouble too ;)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Don't get frustrated and do somehting you'll regret later. You've got too much into that car to give up now.

But if you do, I'll give you 300 for your seats. Sorry, just had to offer, i love those seats ;) You know I'm kidding, right? Keep your spirits up. There are always going to be delays, major and minor. You just gotta take it all in stride.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Sounds like a car that someone could pick up, drop a stock engine into with a few bolt-ons, and have a great running car they could drive for another 200,000 miles trouble free. What do you think? Is this blasphemy?

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I'd buy it if it was painted white and had blue stripes! Hmmmm......I have at my house a set of 351 marine Windsor heads, and a good 289 block, with pistons, rods, chrome oil pan and a 4bbl aluminum intake.......I also have a cheap cam and hyd lifters (don't know what they are) timing chain, Mallory dual point dist and a few other parts that I can't think of.

All parts are free to you, if you want them...Just so that you have something to drive. You just have to get them to your house....

What you'd need is everything else for a 289...Cam, crank, front cover, bolts, etc...

But, you can get a shortblock pretty cheap, too....

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I feel your frustration, but with all due respect: get over it.

Engines aren't THAT expensive - and summer's nearly over now anyway so you'd be putting it away anyway soon. So spend the winter tracking down the parts you need and someone to help you build a bullet-proof one this time. Or just save up the coins and buy a crate stroker from one of gazillion places that offer them.

I personally find the cars kinda boring unless I'm working on some sort of project. With the Shelby 'done' right now, I already find myself thinking of how I can find a 65 G.T. 350 project, or something else to wrench on. So, in a way, consider yourself lucky - doubly so if you gain some knowledge, right?

Besides, it's all Mid's fault in the first place so you should get him to pay for it!

-bob

·
Registered
310 Posts
Too much to try and sell it now.. you will never get the money back you have into it in parts.. Plus as you said it can never go back to stock now anyway... Keep your chin up.. it will all work out eventually

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel your frustration, but with all due respect: get over it.
lol.

Thanks Bob ;)

SWMBO needed to know that. You don't think I actually made this post do you? I had a gun, with a crazy woman attached to it, to my head a few minutes ago. She has since also gotten over it.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
And I thought it was Roxy that was forcing you to write this post! ::

Maria: I should put you over my knee and give you a spanking! Mmmmm.... :p ::

·
Registered
792 Posts
Pheww, I thought I was going to have to press SWMBO for the money, always a tough proposition, then drive to the Northeast. Glad to hear you were just fishing and are keeping the car.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Well If it had a teardrop hood I'd be interested at say 2-4K delievered to the west coast.

Bobs correct summers almost over so get over it and get back to work. If you start now you will be done intime for spring events easily.

I think I must put call into Big Paul to have him put his 12's upside your arse.

Mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts