Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here perusing the posts when SWMBO comes down to snoop in on my forum activities. She asks if I have any mustang plans this summer? "Well, yes", I reply. "Finish off the wiring, install the seatbelts and stuff", I explain... She then added that she supports MY mustang hobby in that she just sent $$ off to renew my license plates!!! :jawdrop:

Here now. I've been blasting around town all fall and winter with the front plate retracted out of sight, open headers and exhaust dumps roaring, no seatbelts...on plates which expired last September!!! Yeah, I know, my dumb! :naive:

But at least SWMBO cares enough to send the very best! :highfive: Even if the renewal was 5 months late, LOL! :joker:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
awwww...this means candy...flowers...something ;)
unless she is into cars...then buy something polished ::

Robin

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I guess that means you'll keep it. ::

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I've been blasting around town ... on plates which expired last September
Given my luck with the "authorities" in the Sacramento area, I would have gotten away with that for, oh, about 10 minutes. :horror:

I'm still waiting for my new plates "SCARY 69" to arrive. They say "allow 8-12 weeks". Last week was 7 weeks, and that's when I started checking the mail box on a daily basis, waiting from the notice from the DMV. Looks like they're running closer to the 12 weeks *LOL*.

Good for SWMBO, keeping you legal!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Here now. I've been blasting around town all fall and winter with the front plate retracted out of sight, open headers and exhaust dumps roaring, no seatbelts...on plates which expired last September!!! Yeah, I know, my dumb!
Hey, must be a total lack of law enforcement up there...lol I like the retractable front license plate...kinda made me think of James Bond type stuff on your stang...lol :lol:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
2 years ago I ran my ranger for 5 months past due before a guy noticed it, now here in Illinois there is a penalty for going past expiration date.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Given my luck with the "authorities" in the Sacramento area, I would have gotten away with that for, oh, about 10 minutes. :horror:

I'm still waiting for my new plates "SCARY 69" to arrive.
John, You are really tempting fate with that personalized plate. Every cop in California is going to stop you just to find out what makes your car scary. Why not go all the way with your plate? How about "WANNADRAG" OR "CHASEME"? ::

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I went fishing at KSC (perk of the job I guess) a couple months ago . I did not notice but after getting a flat trailer tire on my gheenoe trailer and stopping to remove and repair it ..... I made it to the security gate .
I received a "random" vehicle search where the KSC security noticed my tags on the truck and trailer were expired . My wife's B day is early december and this was end of december .
So , I got a warning ticket for the truck and a $77 ticket for the trailer because it was a year into expired .
I had forgotten and so did my wife because I had stopped using the trailer for a while .
We caught 3 trout that day ..... $26 a trout for Salt Water trout that were out of season and had to be tossed back in the drink :(
The price was actually higher per fish if you add the cost of fixing the flat .....

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hobbies! Ya gotta love em! We don't need to make no stinkin' money with our hobbies!!! We spend $$$$$ to support our great hobbies...mustangin, fishin, huntin, campin, etc, etc, etc....

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
We're all addicted to the same hobby ...spending money on a Mustang!

It's like an Olympic competiton ...who can spend the most money in the quickest time ...that's one event, ..then there's those old timers going for the marathon record ..who can spend the most money on the same Mustang period!

I think this forum is full of Olympic champions.
(But the SWMBO says we're just a bunch of irresponsible adults still playing with our big toys!)

pffff ....Wadda she know ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts