Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1971 302 C4 auto convertible, Grabber Blue/white/white
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paraphrasing my phone and email conversations, after 1 hour on hold.
Me-Hello CJ Pony Parts…can you please tell me the status of my parts backordered since May?
Them-Yes sir, backordered still, we will reach out to supplier for an ETA.
Me-thank you. End of call

email…
Them-Hello, yes the supplier says all orders filled within19 days.
Me-wait, what? I am over 60 days backordered, where’s my stuff?
Them-I am sorry sir, we have not got a response from the vendor on our inquiry about your order..pls wait.
Me-wait, what? Read this email chain, you just told me the vendor is taking 19 days to fill orders! what are you talking about???
hello?
hello?
hello?
CRICKETS! Nothing but silence.

😡

·
Registered
1965 coupe, 1971 coupe
1 Posts
I have found that calling CJ pony parts out on their social media gets great results. I posted a slam on instagram about them not responding to emails and backordered product. They deleted my post and DM me almost instantly. Hated it had to come to that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The only surprise is that people continue to attempt to purchase parts from them. Eventually they will lose enough business and straighten up, but there doesn’t appear to be any evidence of that happening. I won’t even look at their website much less give them any money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I made a purchase from them recently and it is frustrating that "ships in 5-7 days" is code for backordered. I should no better but it is what it is. Once I saw it was backordered I emailed them to canx the order since I'm moving and can't wait. They responded immediately and canx the order. I must be lucky because I've never had any issues with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made a purchase from them recently and it is frustrating that "ships in 5-7 days" is code for backordered. I should no better but it is what it is. Once I saw it was backordered I emailed them to canx the order since I'm moving and can't wait. They responded immediately and canx the order. I must be lucky because I've never had any issues with them.
Same experience for me. No issues to date but trust it must be a ticking time bomb. their prices along with no shipping and my Military discount make it hard to pass up.

·
Registered
10,634 Posts
Let's start a pool - how many separate posts have been initiated on VMF describing how terrible CJ Pony Parts has become continues to be. Seems like there is a new post every week or so ...
fixed it for you. Posts like this go back 10+ years. Amazing what a slick website and pseudo-informational videos can do for your business.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have actually had good luck with their chat box. Better than the phone or website "contact us".

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have ordered about 5 times since March this year and haven't had a problem, my stuff was shipped within a week. I haven't had to deal with their customer service though. I know at work a lot of stuff is being held up on cargo ships. not sure why maybe lack of workers on docks or something.
I have had problems with other vendors orders taking awhile to ship, but I did get my parts. I guess we are all victims of Amazon fast shipping and expect every online vendor to do the same. would hate to see any Mustang vendors close up like Mustangs Unlimited did, miss them a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered two items on Friday and they were delivered on Tuesday. Shipped from Nevada I live in Utah.

I have order and paid for some reloading dies from Dillion in Feb now the ship date is Nov.

Nick

·
Registered
13 Posts
These logistics and staffing issues are huge for everyone. We own a company that makes tugs, stairs and belt loaders for the aviation industry/military. We are having issues getting certain parts and many of the venders are revising their order dates to months in advance. Something that we used to order three months in advance has now become a nine month lead time. These are major issues.

·
Registered
38,218 Posts
I bet that Jay Zeigler doesn't have a clue that his competitors thrive, in part, because of CJ's poor CRM. There's a reason why the number of negative CJ's posts here seem to be inversely proportional to the number of positive NPD posts. Not only does Rich Schmidt actively participate in these forums, if someone brings up an issue, even one that is VAGUELY related to his business, he is responsive. CJ's issue isn't the fact that its fill rate suffers from things outside its direct control, like many other businesses today but, rather, that they drop the ball when it comes to keeping the customer informed about the status of their order and THAT makes the customer feel like CJ's just doesn't care..... and maybe they don't..... at this point it's going to take a lot of positive examples to prove otherwise.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Once I ordered leaf springs from them because the website said "in stock.'

That was true.

One leaf spring was in stock, the other one was backordered 30+ days.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I ordered some hose from Holley the other day. It said in stock online but when it didn’t ship I called them. They didn’t have it nor did they know when they’d get it.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Although I haven't looked at all of the responses on every CJ issue thread (there are a lot of them) it seems to me, generally speaking, that a lot of those posting positive interaction are fairly new to this forum as indicated by their low post counts (and possibly new to vintage mustang ownership?). And has been stated more than once throughout the many numerous threads, this is not a new problem to CJs nor is it pandemic related but more so their business model with what appears to me no intention of ever changing it. YMMV

John

·
Registered
182 Posts
These cargo ship delays and COVID closings don’t apply. They sucked before all this quarantine crap started, it just gives them an excuse to continue to have poor performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts