Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I am a newbie and I need help just deciding what to call what I have. It's a plain '69 coupe H code with absolutely no options as far as power steering, brakes, windows, a/c etc. It's in pretty good shape for never having anything done to it. It has been sitting in a garage since 1974 but has been driven some over the last 10 years. I guess we've put about 2-3 thousand miles on it since we inherited it 10 years ago. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way it drives, but the body has a few issues concerning scratches and dings, however there is no rust that I know of. I'm wanting to sell it so I guess my question is, how would I want to list it? Is it a project car? I would have thought it was in too good a shape to be considered a project, but after looking at this forum for a few days and doing some studying, I'm not so sure any more. Any feedback? I could e-mail some pictures if anyone would be willing to look and give me an idea. I've never been too interested in it, but I gotta tell you guys after hanging out here for the last couple of days, I'm about ready to do some work on it myself! You people have got it bad and it's almost contagious!

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
What town do you live in? I might be interested in it.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I would call it in "driver" condition. Most cars are always "projects" but a "project" car generaly either doesn't run, or if it does, is not something you would want to drive on the hiway. It's all kind of subjective, but one way I use to define it would be it is a "driver" if you would jump in it and drive away on a 100 mile trip.

And here's the kicker..... don't sell it. If you do after having it around all this time you WILL miss it, and it will be too late. Unless you need the $$ to buy food or keep a roof over your head don't sell it........... *G*. Why not do a little work on it to make it more suited to your tastes, maybe some nice wheels and tires? Is it a Windsor or Cleveland 351? We can help you through anything you would want to do to the car so keep it and stick around. Vintage Mustangs are a healthy adiiction....... and this hobby is full of great people!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
its definitely NOT a project car. if everything works, i would list it as is. A 69 mustang. i would add how good the paint is and how straight the body was. accident or no accident. is it a salvage title. things like that. i mean people who by stangs know that they are probably not going to get a great condition car. also it depends on how much you sell it for. I just bought mine and it was in very good "restored" condition so i paid a premium on how good the body was. usually what i have notice at least in so cal is that 1000 to 2000 is a real project car like no engine or damaged body. 3000 to 5000 is like driving condition. obviously the higher the number goes the more you have to restore and the like. I say you keep the thing and start to piece things together little by little. you can restore it to original for pretty cheap these days. especially if you use remanufactured parts. thats my opinion.

pain

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
'69 coupes don't bring a lot of money. They're great cars (both my kids have a '69 coupe), but just aren't as collectible yet as the previous years or the fastbacks of any year.

I have to agree with whisperer, though, on all counts. I would also consider it "driver condition" if you can drive it. If it's been stored inside since '74, there' probably zero to no rust, and non-rusted cars will always bring the highest $. I also agree with whisperer that you're going to miss that car.

Stick around here about another 6 months and we'll not only have you fixing that one back up, but you'll probably own 2 more :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts