windshield is cracked

1 – 1969 Mach 1 Complete car disassembled less engine
and transmission needs floors, rear quarters and
portion of wheel house.

1 – 351C in need of rebuild with recently rebuilt
FMX transmission

1 – 351W in need of rebuild with FMX transmission in
need of rebuild

Both cars would need to be totally restored but from the sound of it they are in good enough shape to be worth restoring. I am going to see them tomorrow and would like an idea of actual value of all of the above before I go. So what is it worth?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Niether of the cars is worth more than $2500 each, and probably not worth that. The only reason they could be worth even close to $2500 is that are Mach I's (make sure they are real Mach I's, or they're worth about $700 tops).

Each of the engines/trannies are worth the price of a core, although I don't know the availability of 351c blocks. So I'd guestimate $150 each for the engine/trannies.

Just for a guage, I paid $2500 for my '69 sportsroof. It had a dent in the front of the hood, and a golf ball sized hole in the battery apron from battery acid. Other than that it was a running (although not very well), straight and totally rust free car. The floor pans are still shiny with the original Candy Apple Red paint. Interior was trashed. Now this car was a good deal and it was 2 years ago, but maybe you can use it as a guage.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, he is asking $4000 for both. It looks like I will have time to check them out this evening so I can get pics then. From what the owner has told me so far they have the usual rust, floors (and I'm sure cowl vents) and rear quarters. He also said the frame rails and such were still good, but we shall see. I will also verify that they are indeed real Mach 1's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts