·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
e(B)ay auction #1849817297... that is crazy

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I didn't really get it until I saw that the bid was the amount OVER MSRP they must pay. Crazy.... I was at the Ford Dealer yesterday trying to talk my wife into letting me buy a 02 Lightning since we talked about a truck. The sticker said "Price for Exclusivity $4,000" The Cobra was worse! They wanted 43K for a white coupe.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought anyone would pay SO MUCH for the "right for a place in line" or "bidding over MSRP." Some people really have MMTB as my dad puts it - More Money Than Brains

·
Registered
105 Posts
Holy smokes- that's the dealership where I bought my truck (yes, I drive a silverado). I'm surprised they know how to get on the internet.. they are out in the middle of farm country. I haven't seen a corvette on that lot in the past 2 years.. but tons of trucks.
Not only is it stupid that someone is paying that much more for a vette, but that it's actually allowed by car makers. Might as well buy stock in a car dealer than GM, because there is more profit per vehicle in selling than making.
Maybe this special vette will be as good looking as those purple and yellow indy cars...HA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts