Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dig this...

What I wrote this yahoo:
This part was never installed on a Shelby. Shelby's in 67 utilized a special wood steering wheel not available on regular production cars. It employed a solid center cap with a metal decal center and a clear plastic dome over top. Your auction is for a regular production part.

What this yahoo replied:
yes i know. I was doing that to get people to look at the listing. I dont say that it for a shelby.
thanks

:: Just WTF does it say in the title! What a freakin' scam artist! More details below...
Cheesy [email protected]!

Title of item: 1967 67 mustang gt 500 shelby horn Nice
Seller: lylel2002
Starts: Aug-01-03 15:24:48 PDT
Ends: Aug-08-03 15:24:48 PDT
Price: Starts at $25.00
Item #2426366190

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
What a jackass.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
"yes i know. I was doing that to get people to look at the listing. I dont say that it for a shelby...".

ROTFLMAO!

While about 95% of the parts on a "civilian" Mustang also came on Shelbys, the (ab)use of the word Shelby in describing the application of a Mustang part has become commonplace on that auction site. It is quickly becoming the domain of snake-oil salesmen and online Gypsies, if you ask me.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,252 Posts
Here! And what do you have against online Gypsies? ::

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Not that I'm necessarily defending the ehay seller, but I've noticed lots of listings will look somewhat like this:(1965 65 1966 66 mustang shelby pony etc, etc, etc...) I think sellers are counting on more 'hits', when the buyers are using the search feature, by adding more words to the title line. I noticed this seller had a recent negative, so I reviewed his feedback. Looks like the buyer/seller were at odds over the condition of a boat! :p

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
I'm glad you said something to this clown. He's not the only one who needs it either. I love the one who must have a trailer load of the rocker panel chrome mouldings, sure enough it always mentions "Shelby" in his listing.
These folks need to realize that Ford made more Mustangs, than Shelby made Shelbys, not the other way around.
Yeah, upper console for a Shelby. THEY NEVER HAD THEM!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
His feedback has someone complaining about lying and the condition of a product not being accurate. What a putz..

W

1 - 8 of 8 Posts