Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe in mid to late December or January? I hope to have my T5 conversion done by early December and Chris Barton has to get that nasty weber carbed 427 in his FB! It was a good time last year despite the somewhat wet weather... :winkgrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd like to check out your rides, don't know if mine is worthy just yet.

That fastback is bitchen, I hope to restorod mine out soon.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/photopost486/data/500/40706MYCONV.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am in. Although for me Jan is probably better than dec as my weekends are pretty much booked in dec. Probably won't have the motor in, but should have my TKO 600 conversion in by then. Did you already buy a T5 yet Tracy?

Chris

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I got a new T5z about a week ago. I think i've negotiated with my wife one day this weekend to start the conversion by taking the C4 and flex plate out, removing the trans oil cooler and to start with some of the under dash modifications. I think i'm with you about January.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You're gonna love that trans, it's great. I considered going to a 6 speed....but WAY to much involved...and too much $$$

Chris

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hey I'd be game for January sometime. I'm not far from Blkfrd. I'd like to see some of your cars in person so I can dream about the NEXT round of mods for my car. Trouble is, I think riding in Blkfrd's 331 will convince me to stroke my engine out as well!

I just got mine painted. Should be detailed and ready by then. I'm waiting for my c4 to crap out before an overdrive swap, but it just keeps on chuggin.

Where in Corona are you Blkfrd? I like off the 60 fwy and Euclid offramp. (Former) Dairy Land turned housing track.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live near the 91 Frwy and Serfas Club. Look forward to meeting you. January looks like it may work better for most. rjcruise lives out your way in Chino Hills.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
January sounds good, although you're always taking a chance with rain.
I may even have my interior together by then! ::
Hey musgofasta, I used to live right near Riverside drive and Euclid!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tracy I'm all for another get together at Irive park. When ever it is I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I live at Euclid and Edison, about a mile north of Chino Airport.

Man, this is gonna be cool.

Mkerkes, that Yellow is BRIGHT. I love it. I think my next project is gonna have to be that color. WOW. I really want to see it in person.

·
4,129 Posts
I agree the January is a better month, and I will assume that 427Stroker will want to do it on a Saturday again. Might I suggest the 21st. If there is NFL playoff football on the Park you Mustang 2.0 day I will not be able to attend. :rolleyes: Oh and if we do have it on the 21st I will bring the bday cake. :shocked2: fd
Tim

·
Registered
135 Posts
You know? I can't quite remember why I couldn't do sunday last year.....getting old...I don't have a preference this year except Dec 8th,9th and 10th I will be up racing the mustang at Thunderhill. So Sunday the 11th would work OK for me or pretty much any other weekend you guys pick I will be there. Just let me know and I will make SURE there is no giant events booked at the park that day....(rolling my eyes....) As far as rain goes.....I suspect that is just a risk we have to take.... Tracy? You started it. You pick a weekend.

Chris

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm in. January sounds good! The more in adavance notice the better. Son should be done with soccer by then but there is always all the other activities these kids are involved with. I wasn't able to make it last year, car wasn't running and I think I had a previous commitment on the day you had it but this year it sounds like a definite plan. Also, I think a few of us will see each other at the John Force car show, at least for me, as long as the rain stays away. Look forward to meeting you all.

·
Registered
915 Posts
January sounds good to me, I'll be there keep us informed on this site. Mike [email protected]

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, it is looking like January fits most people's schedules. Since it's a few months off and people don't have their schedules for January worked out yet (at least I don't), i'll make a post in a month or so with some candidate dates in January for you to pick from and start working on getting it organized. We all know Superbowl Sunday and probably that weekend in general is out...even if San Diego doesn't make it... :biggrin:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I will try to stop by Irvine Park tomorrow and see if there are any big events scheduled for January. I was unable to make it last year but I would like to attend this year.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The park personnel state there are no major events planned for January. It could always change and I will call or go by every 2 weeks to check. If wanted we could always reserve a group area. If this is desired I can get costs and try to worm a better price as I work for the County of Orange but in a different division.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts