Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
WOW THANKS !! Brings back a lot of memories. I took a lot of pics at the races when I was a kid. Lost them all in a messy divorce Made me sick.She didn't get everything,... I got to keep the house payment and the car payment! Thanks for the link !
Dan

G

·
Great pics of the "good ol' days". Ford Mustangs were really kicking a** back then. Wouldn't it be great to have a 69-70 sportroof that you could clone into a vintage trans am racer and race in vintage events?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Hmmm...an idea.

·
Banned
925 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Thanks for the link.... love that look/forums/images/icons/cool.gif!
You will probably like this book
by David Friedman, Trans-Am: The Pony Car Wars 1966-1971. Lots of nice info and pics.... too bad its a Javelin on the cover/forums/images/icons/mad.gif!

As for this pic, all I can say is...
http://www.ponysite.de/darkhorse71_04kl.jpg
yeehaa!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Have you read Donhue's "The Unfair Advantage"? It's a fun read.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks Russstang and others...very nice sites on Tran Am racing in the 60s & 70s.

I crewed for a friends Lola super vee (last of the air cooled) back in the late 70s in the Southwest region of SCCA. Also in the SW region, Danny Moore ran ole 2073, then as an A sedan. Little did I know then that 2073 was the original factory 69 Boss race car (Shelby team car). Danny did say at the time it was an old Bud Moore car. Great memories guys....thanks.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts