Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all of you NE guys/gals OK ? I hope everyone and all friends & family are OK as well.

Anyone know any more specifics of the shooting(s) ? I just know what I heard on TV.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
In shock and deep in thought. These things can happen anywhere any time and being in Nebraska dose not mean a whole lot...just a few less in population that can break down like that. My wifes niece had the shooter in her class until he dropped out of school, but the class is so big she didnt know him at all. My wifes co-worker at the probation office had him on probation at one time and said he was a real troubled person, which is really common of an offender. The guy I work with knew his wife went shopping, tried to call her but couldnt get ahold of her. She called him later to let him know she had missed the exit to the Westroads mall, and said screw it I will just go to the Oakview mall instead. YIKES! Now after listening to the 911 tapes of the shots being fired, I just had chills and tears in my eyes. I have a 15 year old boy that I was going to take out last week and have him shoot my SKS. That was the weapon of choice in this tragedy. Now I would much rather sell the dang gun or melt it down AND my son will never hold as far as Im concerned. That distinct sound of an SKS is very noticable in the phone calls, it just turns my stomach. Prayers and hearts go out to the victims and families in this holiday season.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The weapon didn't kill those people the kid did. Whether it was an sks or a 10/22 he was on a mission and would have used any weapon he could get his hands on. I'd like to know how the weapon was being stored. Every gun I have is locked up in a vault and only two people know the combination. The only person to blame here is the kid, he chose to commit this crime and its too bad that there wasn't a security officer close by to end his spree sooner.
FWIW, I don't remember things like this happening when I was growing up. I wonder what has changed to cause these things to happen. It doesn't make sense to me. My heart goes out to those affected by this idiot...

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Ray_Hillebrand said:
The weapon didn't kill those people the kid did. Whether it was an sks or a 10/22 he was on a mission and would have used any weapon he could get his hands on. I'd like to know how the weapon was being stored. Every gun I have is locked up in a vault and only two people know the combination. The only person to blame here is the kid, he chose to commit this crime and its too bad that there wasn't a security officer close by to end his spree sooner.
FWIW, I don't remember things like this happening when I was growing up. I wonder what has changed to cause these things to happen. It doesn't make sense to me. My heart goes out to those affected by this idiot...
I'm with you Ray. All of my guns are in a vault at the house. With little kids running around, there's just no way I'd take a chance.

I think things like this have happened throughout time. There have always been whack jobs out there - remember Charles Whitman? What's different today is the amount of press and coverage they get. In this latest whack jobs case, he explicitly did it 'to be famous'. Kind of feeds the beast when we eat up the coverage like we do - they wouldn't broadcast it if we weren't sucking it up.

I wish there was such a thing as a 'good news' channel! I'd watch that!

-bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts