Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the Michiana BMW club to get more seat time at the Tire Rack test track. 1st run below.

The corner worker never seemed too worried?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Agricultural division? :ROFLMAO:

Looks like a fun time!

John

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Regardless, you've got some crazy cool pictures of your car. I'm always envious of how cool it looks when you post pics!

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got within 3 feet of him and he looked ticked but not afraid. Never took his hands out of his pockets!

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
I don't think anybody should be that close to the track. Maybe he's thinking the same now.

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
But how did your second run go?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ahhh...mowing the lawn! Love it. Clean the tires, and go again!!! Been there. If you aren't pushing it, you aren't driving it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Insert quote from Trains planes and automobiles - "You're going the wrong way!"

But that looks like a safe track for mishaps. No walls to hit .....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Reminds me of my enduro days . . . if you don’t fall off a couple of times you ain’t going fast enough!

·
Registered
335 Posts
^^^^^^ Hahahahaha, right?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Spectacular , bet everyone was in awe . At least it stayed rubber side down. Isn't Indiana known for 🌽 . The air strip I go to always had 🌽

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
E.J. Potter went into corn field once when the throttle stuck open on his V8 powered drag bike.
The engine had chunks of corn inside it when he stripped it down.
FYI, he was the famous “Michigan Mad Man”

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had no offs the last half of last season and the first few of this season but since then I've had several and have lost the feeling for the car. I lost it on the concrete at the air force base 3 weeks ago at 70+mph when I hit the rev limiter trying to power out of a slide. Went around multiple revolutions on that one. One the 23rd I lost it at the finish at an SCCA event at the Tire Rack and came inches away from taking out the timing display. My tires are beyond toasted now and have been unable to get the new ones mounted due to life stuff. I'm not even going back to the waterpark course in the fall that @Badbenz94 took a few rides with me at. Too many poles, trees, and parking blocks, and they refuse to slow the course down even after concerns have been raised. I'm taking next weekend off then it's 2 double header weekends in a row, maybe? Maybe all the time I'm spending at the hospital lately has got me thinking?

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
(y) :cool: (y)

Turn downs rule!!
The turn downs were added in an unsuccessful attempt to quiet the Arvinode exhaust down enough to be legal for SCCA national events.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Yeah the corner worker looks too close, he's not a line judge, just there to stand cones back up right? He also doesn't have a 'safe spot' I always look for like a tree or pole to get behind, so too close.
Mustang_paul beat me to it, I was in grid at autocross behind a BMW with an LS6 swap and asked him 'how did you pass tech? your blinkers don't work?' he got it and said 'BMW'.

I did the same as you at last weekends autocross (OTM), overpowered the rear tires at the finish line, crossed the line sideways taking out 1 white cone but missing the timing lights on both sides by inches. They get really mad when you hit the timing lights...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts