1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I hope the AC works!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Is that a Munsters or Addams Family TV show car?
It's the Dragula, from Munsters. Grandpa built it, and Herman drove it. =)

Shorts Smile Sky Cloud Sunglasses

This is a picture of me with Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) with the Dragula in the background.

The drivetrain in that thing is the real deal! It's a hot little 289 with some pretty unique parts on it. Some of it is just for show, but in a car made out of a coffin, I'm sure it's got plenty of "go" too.

·
I won a special award
9,463 Posts
I recently saw a website about the Dragula car from the Munsters T.V. show. There is the one original car from the show and a handful of copies that have been built over the years. From the website info, I believe the car the OP posted is a copy due to the larger driver bubble. The original was much lower.

EDIT, here's another website I found that has some information on the car and some of the copies.

·
Dimples
7,810 Posts
That’s awesome! A delightful intersection of pop culture and hot rod greatness. The early 60’s bubble top hot rods are such a fun flight of fancy. And the Munsters is a classic. I hope the upcoming Rob Zombie movie is good.

·
Registered
69 Mach 1 , 68 K1500 short box GMC
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I recently saw a website about the Dragula car from the Munsters T.V. show. There is the one original car from the show and a handful of copies that have been built over the years. From the website info, I believe the car the OP posted is a copy due to the larger driver bubble. The original was much lower.

EDIT, here's another website I found that has some information on the car and some of the copies.

It’s a copy , but this guy wanted the higher bubble as he is tall

1 - 20 of 31 Posts