Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note...... When your welding your cowl back into place...... cover the defrost vents! HOT sparks just might torch your plastic vent hoses! Daaa! Got kinda exciting there for awhile!

Ken
99 GTP
97 Yukon
70 T-bird
68 GT vert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
While welding an inner fender well in on my "70" I managed to catch some rubber/plastic on fire up near the headlight. The Dogs
water dish came in real handy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
Try welding with blue jeans on with those brass bradded pockets, while sitting on a steel floor. When the welding rod sticks to the metal and those brass brads ground out,...... those puppies get hot in a hurry. Sure was funny trying to explain to the wife what those red burns were on my buns.

THE NINETY-NINETY RULE OF PROJECT SCHEDULES...
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the project takes the other 90%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,482 Posts
OK Todd, you've got me. How do you 'accidently' weld a hole in a gas tank??!

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,179 Posts
At least your headliner didn't catch on fire (whoops)! Maybe we should take a cue from the pros and keep a fire extinquisher handy?

Oh well, it doesn't show... much.

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well looks like I'm in good company .... Like one of those deals when you do something really "dumb" the 1st thing you do is look ta see if anybody saw you do it!

Ken
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top