Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last thing in need for the automatic to 4 speed swap on the '70 Mach 1.

The engine has a fairly stock bottom end. I have the complete Edelbrock Performer RPM package (cam, heads, intake and 750 carb) with Hooker Super Comp headers. The trans is a wide ratio toploader. I am running a trac-loc 3:50.

I hear McCleod makes a very nice, smooth operating diaphram with very solid clutches.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I agree with Russ.... I've used and will continue to use the Dual Friction Centerforce clutch kits.... Although I understand the McLeod units are excellent also.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Another vote for Center Force Dual Friction. Was in the car when I bought it (I'm too cheap) and is the best operating clutch I've ever used in a Mustang.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Another satisfied centerforce customer. I've had the leg killers before and said never again on a street car. Be warned some high performance gurus do not like the sliding weight pressure plate concept. For pure performance most say Ram is the best.

G

·
0 Posts
I also use the centerforce clutch with the same comments about satisfaction as the others.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice car Mach70_Mcode_4sp! It looks familiar! what Edelbrock intake are you running?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that is 5 out of 5 for the Centerforce! It seems to be unanimous.

Any others wanna weigh in?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I gotta go with the centerforce, I put one in my wifes Capri, and it hooks up good, never any smoke or slipping. I am saving to get one in my 67.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts