Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Keep the wheels you have, they are some of the best looking wheels ever on a Mustang.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can buy some variety of the 5 spoke and be like everybody else, or keep those. Which I did on my '68.... back when. I had to find the "GT" caps. When I drove by a guy's yard sale I saw them. Paid him $125 for the set. When I got home saw the $20 marked on the back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like the stockers too but a nice Torq Thrust is a good option for those years that looked like the Bullitt.

roog

Reactions: ranegless

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Keep the wheels you have, they are some of the best looking wheels ever on a Mustang.
My car came with AR on the car, and the originals in the trunk. I'm keeping those originals for exactly that reason … look great. Only issue is tire choice.

Reactions: ranegless

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I think your original setup looks very good.
But if you must, my 2nd choice would be a set of Vintage Wheelworks 45 torque thrusts with the old style D shaped spokes 16x7 all around or 16x7 up front and 16x8 in back.
But you would need to check the tires you choose for figment prior to mounting.
Vintage Wheelworks was bought by Coker Tire last Dec so you have to get them there now.
Coker Tire offers free shipping deals every once in a while as well.

Rims will run you about $145 each.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had another 65 many, many years ago that had your same wheels but with these center caps with chrome lug nuts. It actually looked pretty sweet. Unfortunately it was long before digital cameras so I'll have to dig through some old photos and see if I can find a pic to scan.

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ha! Found a couple. They aren't the greatest quality since they're from 1985 but good enough to get the idea and the point is that you don't have to ditch the original wheels to spiff them up a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I'm looking for ideas for wheel type and size to dress up my 68 fastback. Everything is stock 390 gt and now I'm looking for a little pizzazz to get noticed.
Great looking car, I like the stock wheels. Magnum 500's are a great choice to keep the stock look too.
You may want to consider bringing down that rearend a little, maybe an 1" or so? It would sit closer to lever and not have that jacked up look.

Reactions: 4ocious
1 - 20 of 20 Posts