Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think about using LED lights on your Mustang? I like the idea that they are brighter but have heard conflicting reports on the different styles.

I have seen the ones that only cover a small portion of the tailight area and have now heard that Mustangs Plus makes one that goes the entire length of the lens ( top to bottom on a '67 ) Anybody have experience with these different ones? Thanks!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I got mine from Mustang Project and they work fine. Way brighter than before.

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I went with Mustang Projects LED's( tail lights, front turn signals, and their LED back up lights). And are very happy with them, they look and work fantastic, and are easy to install. They also have a good tech support.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Another vote for Mustang Project. No negatives to report at all. Whether you go sequential or not - you just can't beat 'em!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Ditto that, I love mine ! :p

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Mine from Mustang Projects have been great. From looking at them, one would think they would not fill the lens with light because of their size but. let me tell you, they do a great job and are real bright. I also have the LED fronts and clear lens in the front.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
one thing to remember about LED's is that they are definately NOT light bulbs. LED's can operate in a smaller voltage range. if the voltage goes down - and with regular lights they would appear much dimmer - they will not have enough voltage to emit light.

though most will not hit this scenario often (if at all) there is still the possibility.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Glad you guys have Mustang Project LED tail lights. I ordered mine yesterday morning. :D

Went with the sequencial ones for a bit of uniqness.

here is a pic of the kit blatantly stolen from their website.
http://www.mustangproject.com/Images/Products/e4e52b25-ec8a-4786-ab66-1524a532851f65-66close.jpg

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Are you ordering fr your '66 or '67? The '66 lights are too simple not to do. The '67s take a little more time but are still pretty easy.
If you have high speed internet access - here is a brightness example.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Are you ordering fr your '66 or '67? The '66 lights are too simple not to do. The '67s take a little more time but are still pretty easy.
If you have high speed internet access - here is a brightness example.
And while your at it, paint the insides of the buckets... :p

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I got my sequential tail lights for my christmas present. They work great and people think they are cool. Also they are very bright. Which is great living in So Cal.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
No need to paint the tail light buckets as LEDs are completely linear in their direction and are aligned to point straight back - also the way they are positioned they will not reflect from the bucket, the role of which is now simply to physically protect the circuit board of LEDs.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i also have the mustang project kind.. i only have 2 negative issues about them.. the turn signal module harness does not have a noise indicator letting you know that you left your signals on.. i got use to hearing that ticking noise with my old signals.. Mustang project did tell me they were working on a sound turn signal and told me once they are available i can trade the ones that came with their kit at no cost.. we will see about that.. :) and 2, you can not adjust the speed to the sequentials like some other kits.. i kind of wished they could blink faster.. just my thoughts.. its still a better kit then the last one i had which melted my lenses.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've got the Mustang Project non-sequential LED's on my '66. They are far brighter than conventional lights - I like 'em

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ok guys where is the LINK?
http://webpages.charter.net/tjfastback66/Picture%20011%20v1%20RS%20.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mustang Project sequential's.....easy to install(about 30 minutes). I got the sequential's, along with parking lights. This was one of the best mods I have done!! Way brighter/safer, and the sequential is too cool!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts