Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bad day at work: a major presentation, and my Principle for Safety made an absolute jackass of himself in front of many people. Lots more meetings after that; nothing accomplished. Came home, told SWMBO I had a bad day, and she poured me a nice glass of Yukon Jack. What a gal (at times).

For those of you who haven't sampled this delight, it is a Canadian sweet whiskey, 160 proof, and it hits the spot whether cold or warm. Aaahhhhh! Life is getting better, and pain is disappearing!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
160 proof. Cripes, what is that, 80% alcohol? One swallow must result in a near comatose condition.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
well, actually, I thought it had said it was 146 proof... and pure alcohol is 200 proof... you take the proof, divide by 2 to get the percentage of alcohol in it... By volume, I think..

Then again, anything over like 180 is so close to pure, who cares. :p

I need to try me some more of that stuff... it tasted good.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Great stuff - I used to prefer mine straight out of the freezer, where it thickens up nicely.

Be careful with that stuff, though, it makes you sit and ponder strange things, like "Why did Ford put cut washers on the idler arm???".

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I had a rough day at work too. Bookeeper screwed up about 50 invoices while I was gone. (at least she tried..) I'm still voiding and repairing on them after coming to work Monday. Would have been done, but one of our trucks ran low on radiator coolant on a mountain pass 45 miles away. Had to take care of that crisis. The 3rd partner is leaving for vacation tommorrow and the other sprayer man lost an engine coming back from a wedding in Las Vegas, so he wasn't in today. Looks like the long 4th of July weekend is going to be a weekend at work....again. But that is good. I'm surprised we are staying this busy this late in the season, which is almost over.

Oh yeah, wildfires everywhere out here. Three of them burning about 35 miles due west of here. Had soot all over the back patio last night. Its almost 100 degrees out, dry.....and I come home and not even a cold beer in the fridge. I thought Jack was only 100 proof. The stuff didn't seem to phase you at the corn feed, hehe./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Ahhh, YK. Been awhile. Similar to Southern Comfort, yet alot more kick. I haven't been able to do SC or Yk for a long time after one evening over over indulgence.
Ever try mixing SC with Mountain Dew?
Now I stick to bourbon. Bookers, Wild Turkey 101, etc.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Ahhh, YK. Been awhile. Similar to Southern Comfort, yet alot more kick. I haven't been able to do SC or Yk for a long time after one evening over over indulgence.
Ever try mixing SC with Mountain Dew?
Now I stick to bourbon. Bookers, Wild Turkey 101, etc.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Oooh, I dunno, but they did it really well... it was really sweet... nothing bitter or powerful like the other whiskey's I've had.

G

·
0 Posts
Yukon and Mt. Dew! That used to be my poison of choice. There's nothing like being a wide-awake drunk at 3:30 in the morning! Now even the aroma of Yukon makes me want to yak.

G

·
0 Posts
I have been informed from an inside source that that particular blend was developed solely for the purpose of warming the ****els of the heart.

Wise choice...
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ol' Yukon Jack and I had a bad fight many years ago. We don't see much of each other these days.

I have a new friend now...Crown Royal!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The bottle says 50% alcohol by weight, which corresponds to 100 proof. I could have sworn it was 140 proof.

Florida distillers and/or distributors must be dilluting my Yukon Jack! I want and demand a recount! Fire the politicians! Throw the rascals out of office and out of town!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts