Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sprayed a new gas tank with zero rust in spray cans I got off e-bay, it worked great, it lays down smooth and I am sure it would look real close to the factory finish in the engine compartment of my mustang, I am not involved in selling this stuff but I really like it and wanted to pass it on, it was about 7 dollars a can shipped.It is also available online at different vendors at zero rust.com

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just bought some ten minutes ago. I just got the top of my gas tank all stripped down and was going to use this when my mom gets here to watch the kids. Im going to put ryno bed liner over it when I am done. I am coating my undercaridge and my interior with bed liner.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a gallon last year and thinned it down and shot it out of a spray gun on the underside of my 73 mach 1, it has stuck on it great, I got the gallon out of somewhere in georgia, was 46 shipped then, I think it is a little over 50 now with increased prices on everything. I am probably going to order another gallon this summer and shoot it under my 65, I used the leftover last year on my buddy's 65 galaxie, I bought a waggoner power painter that I think will shoot it without as much thinning----let me know if you like the spray can stuff---good luck

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
I've been using ZR on my various rigs for sometime. Keep in mind that it's original design is to coat areas which you cannot easily remove the rust from. If you remove all the rust then ZR is really not going to do what it was intended for.

Good example is when I was welding a patch onto my daughter's RH door. I found a fair amount of surface rust down in the lower front inside corner which was impossible to get at with a grinder or wire wheel.
Interior of door

First I poured a bunch of ZR's prepstep to help prepare the surface. Let it dry real well and then blasted that corner with red ZR.

If anyone has any questions the sales Rep, Mr. Palmer can answer most questions.

Zero Rust

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've used many of the spray cans myself and i love the stuff. One of the best things about them is they are very directional and you can easily spray areas without a lot of masking (me lazy ::) ..

You can use it on clean bare metal with no problem by the way, you just have to scuff it up good, i use an 80 grit stripping pad on an angle grinder and the stuff sticks to it like a second skin.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts